Friday, February 18, 2011

First Post!

I spent some time trying to think of goals and resolutions for 2011. I really didn't get anywhere with them. I thought about them and discarded them before the New Year was even here. Since I've done a piss poor job of keeping true to those little ideas, I've decided to make myself do something more.

For 2011, I'm focusing on expanding my homestead, building a 'slower' life and hopefully a fuller life. Over the course of this year, I'm going to tackle many projects; some big, some little. I need to learn to do things for myself, how to live without depending entirely on things outside of my control.

Projects for this year:
  • Maple Sugar
  • Expand the garden
  • Build the hoop house
  • Cut, split and stack all the firewood I'll need for next winter (including next year's sugaring)
  • Chickens(?)
  • Bees(?)
  • Rain water collection
  • Reduce electrical consumption
  • Get that damn satellite dish off my roof (ok, this doesn't really fit in, but I want it done)
There's much more bouncing around inside my head, but I am unable to put it to words right now. As it comes, I'll put it here. Hopefully it won't be drivel.

No comments:

Post a Comment